True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.
– François de La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680) French writer.
Love is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944) French aviator and writer.
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
– Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936) British journalist, novelist and poet.
Love is the beauty of the soul.
– Saint Augustine (354-430) Theologian.
Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence.
– Edmond de Goncourt (1822-1896) French Writer.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.