* Happiness, whether consisting in pleasure or virtue, or both, is more often found with those who are highly cultivated in their minds and in their character, and have only a moderate share of external goods, than among those who possess external goods to a useless extent but are deficient in higher qualities.
>> Aristotle in Politics
* Happiness is a warm gun."
>> John Lennon with The Beatles in Happiness is a warm gun
* Happiness does not depend on the size or content of a goal, but on the strength of the desire to have it.
>> Simon Soloveychik, Parenting for Everyone (1989)
* Happiness is only real when shared.
>> Christopher McCandless (1992)
* Happiness divided by two is multiplied.
>> Leonid S. Sukhorukov, All About Everything (2005)
* Happiness is always so much more enjoyable when it's based on the misery of millions.
>> Dr. Ivo Robotnik,
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
* Perfect the Will, the Mind, Feeling, their corporeal organs and their material tools; be useful to yourselves, to your own ones, and to others; and Happiness, insofar as it exists on this earth, will come of itself."
>> Bolesław Prus, The Most General Life Ideals, 2nd, revised edition, Warsaw, 1905. (Newspaper serialization, 1897–99; 1st book edition, 1901.)