* Hope humbly then; with trembling pinions soar;
Wait the great teacher, Death, and God adore;
What future bliss He gives not thee to know,
But gives that hope to be thy blessing now.
- Alexander Pope
* Daughter of Faith, awake, arise, illume
The dread unknown, the chaos of the tomb.
- Thomas Campbell
* I thought that the light-house looked lovely as hope,
That star on life's tremulous ocean.
- T. Moore
* Nature has fixed no limits on our hopes.
- Björk, "Hope" on Volta (2007)
* Everything passes away — suffering, pain, blood, hunger,
pestilence. The sword will pass away too, but the stars will
still remain when the shadows of our presence and our deeds
have vanished from the earth. There is no man who does not
know that. Why, then, will we not turn our eyes towards the
o Mikhail Bulgakov, in The White Guard